ph: (904) 260-0811 | fax: (904) 260-0833

Company History

In 1976 we started our journey as Sun State Nursery & Landscaping, Inc., as a retail/wholesale nursery on the Westside of Jacksonville. The company added landscape services and sod distribution in 1977. We quickly outgrew our location on Timuquana Road. A new location was developed on Phillips Highway in 1986 . Through the eighties Sun State Nursery became a leader in commercial landscape construction.

Sun State Nursery & Landscaping, Inc has landscaped many key landmarks in Jacksonville including:

 
  • Metropolitan Park
  • Nocatee Water Park
  • The Prime Osborn Convention Center
  • Nemours Children?s Clinic
  • Bridge Of Lions
  • Citi Card Center Campus
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield Campus
  • Baptist Medical Center South
  • Bartram Springs
  • and many more.
In 1995 a landscape management division was added to service completed projects.  Through the years our company has developed experienced supervisors to manage large-scale commercial projects. In recent years Sun State Nursery & Landscaping, Inc. has added hardscape services. We have built arbors, fountains, stamped concrete, pavers, walks and other hardscape features.
 

Paul Jean-Marie Kassab, President

Certified Landscape Contractor, and Registered Landscape Architect,

License # 985, started with the company in 1976 as a 30% owner, graduated from the University of Florida with a Bachelors degree in Landscape Architecture, started commercial landscape division in 1983, was certified as a Landscape contractor by FNGA in 1998, bought the remaining 70% of Sun State Nursery and Landscaping, Inc. in 1999,  has extensive design and construction experience in landscape, irrigation, hardscape, and maintenance.

I believe in the concept of Good Measure that is to make sure that we provide our clients the top end of the specifications on all of our projects, insuring that we exceed expectations.

b7